Elle Decor's Favorite Rooms Of 2011

This month, Elle Decor asked 30 designers to pick their favorite rooms of 2011. Below are my top 5 picks. Enjoy!

What: Library of Thomas Haynes and Kevin Roberts
Why: As if the coffee table alone isn't amazing enough, the large sofa and low pony hide chairs would make for some extremely comfy places to curl up with a book.

What: Courtney Cox's outdoor living space
Why: Optimizing the beautiful water front property she has is brilliant, and this spot could not have been done better. The glass holds in heat from the fire pit and there are plenty of throw pillows to aid relaxation.

What: Living room by Alex Papachristidis
Why: I am absolutely loving the wild patterns in the art and chair as well as the funky sculptures, all toned down by the traditional chest piece. It is a great balance of trendy craziness with practicality in mind.

What: Hallway by Celerie Kemble
Why: Although this isn't decor that I can personally see in my home, it is very fairy-tale-like and is so gorgeous. Maybe in the room that I turn into a closet one day.. 

What: Clairborne Swanson Frank's living room
Why: I love the crisp look of this room, as well as the way the space was divided into two open and comfortable living areas. I also have a weakness for ikats and ethnic prints with a pop of leopard, so clearly this got on my favorite's list.


Images from Elle Decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Jessica Sims